London North East May 2017
News from London North East May 2017
- The LNE guilds have been busy over the last quarter supporting County and Division girlguiding events. Members contributed to a County badge day by talking about and demonstrating Brownie skills and traditions as well as helping at a County afternoon for Rainbows, which were enjoyed by everyone.
- We all enjoyed a Thinking Day Lunch with our friends from London Over the Border, which has become a regular event in our calendar.
- Stoke Newington guild have enjoyed a varied programme with country dancing, keep fit and a cultural evening. Central guild have been out and about exploring the local area and taking part in outdoor activities.
- Tower Hamlets guild celebrated its 21st birthday with Lisa Leigh, an embroiderer involved with the Stitches in Time project. She shared her story with us and brought along a marvellous display of work.
- The guild also had a wonderful lesson in flower arranging, most ably led by Benji Tyler from St Dunstan's church and every member went home with their own floral creation.
- The walking group have completed the Shakespeare walk along the South Bank; visited the Wimbledon windmill and had a day by the sea at Chalkwell.
- Our members are looking forward to supporting another County badge day and Brownie Day at Chigwell as well as attending the National Meeting at Brighton.