Kent West May 2017
- From our last County meeting most of the Guilds were telling us what they did over the Christmas period and the winter months. That seems so long ago now and we hope it won’t be too long before we can say summer activities.
- Dartford Guild was asked to decorate their Churches Christmas tree and set themselves the task of making them all by hand, which they did and got a commendation. All seemed to have a meal out in one or another & all enjoyed telling the locals who they were.
- There has been fund raising for charity including frog racing and serving tea at Restoration House in Rochester, tombolas and lots more. Two Guilds went to visit Pantomimes and had a really good time competing with the children for shouting out!!
- Some have worked on Guide ‘Go for It’ badges, especially Health Badge from a box going around the County issued by Kent Association for the Blind, a great resource to help understanding those with disabilities.
- Having gone around the table with each Guild giving an idea of their future programme for the year it’s going to be fun packed.
- At our February County meeting, we spent some time discussing our future programme for this year with combining Annual Review with our fun day and look forward to August for ‘Music and Movement’ at Paxwood: should be a great day.
- We also looked at our celebrations for our 75th Anniversary, with our Minutes Secretary coming up with a brilliant idea of making a giant jigsaw between each Guild with 75 challenges. This we hope to share with the other 3 Counties in Kent, to have a joint venture, to celebrate together.